All content on this blog is copyright of owner. Enjoy but do not copy or publish. Contact me for permission of use.

The views expressed here are mine alone.

11/27/2010

The Day After


The Day After
Now I know where Thanksgiving  got it's name.
Thanking God that it is over. I know I must have gained
a dress size. I ate so much Turkey that I am beginning to gobble.
We had so many pies and treats that I still remember how great each
one was. We played Dirty Santa with ornaments and what fun. Of course
I did not win the one I wanted but my sweet Nephews wife gave it to
me after it was all over. I said Oh! I can't take this from you and she said
we only wanted it to keep anyone else from getting it. How sweet :(
I got to hug my strong handsome son once again and my daughter in law
did an outstanding job as a hostess. The children played and laughed and
we were thankful once again for all the fun, joy, and food.
Even the dog was happy. My mom had
such a good time at 86 years old. We got up this morning and it looked as if
a bomb went off during the night. As we packed up and was getting in the
truck for the long ride home we heard shouts coming from inside the house.
I went back to the house to inquire if something was wrong. My nephew
laughed and said No! I was just shouting to drown out the silence.

Thank God it it over till next year


4 comments:

  1. Hi Angie, sounds like your "Dirty Santa" is what we call "Yankee Swap". Never played myself but I've heard it can get pretty rowdy. You'll work that dress size off in a few days. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angela. On to the next holiday and your painting is so pretty. I feel like I could pick up the hanger right off the page. Nice! My mother is 86 and has a great sense of humor; I am blessed to have her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this painting, that golden reflection is STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that beautiful ornament and enjoyed reading about your holiday!

    ReplyDelete